Your scheduled workflow rule is not being triggered.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
You created a workflow rule with at least one condition using the option "'Before Object Change". You selected the Timing = Scheduled.
- Go to the Administrator workcenter.
- Go to the Workflow Rules view.
- Click new.
- Set the Timing as Scheduled and use "Before Object Change" in one of the conditions.
- Activate the workflow rule.
RESULT: After waiting for the scheduled time, you see that the workflow rule is not triggered for the expected objects, even when the conditions are met.
In scheduled workflow rules, the condition of type "Before Object Change" is not supported.
The system checks the rule at the time of it being triggered. If the workflow rule is scheduled, that means that the change of the value already happened and at the time of the workflow execution, there is no longer a 'before' value (as the object change already happened previously).
The same is true for Workflow Rules with Timing equal to On Creation Only. When the object is created, there is no previous image that the Before Object Change can use, so this would also not work.
For workflow rules of type Scheduled, condition evaluation takes place twice -
- When the BO instance is change and the instance is evaluated for Scheduling.
- When the scheduled instance is executed. Since this is always in future, at this point, workflow does not have the before object image and in fact before object image is equal to current image of BO. In this case, this condition evaluation actually fails.
The Before Object Change scenario only works with the timing On Create or On Every Save.
Scheduled Workflow, Workflow, Workflow Condition, Before Object Change, Scheduled , KBA , workflow , scheduled workflow , before object change , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , Bug Filed