- What is the supported file encoding in LMS?
- Unusual characters are shown whenever input file is in other character encoding
- Error encountered when file imported is in other character encoding (ANSI)
- How to convert input file to UTF-8 encoding
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Input file encoding is not supported error is caused by the input file which is not in UTF-8 character encoding.
How to convert txt file to UTF-8 character encoding:
- Please open the input file via notepad++
- Click "Encoding" tab to see what is the file encoding.
- Please change it to UTF-8 encoding
- SuccessFactors LMS Admin uses UTF-8 format for all the input files to create or update records in the system.
- An empty or a space character in one encoding could be a different character in a different encoding. (I.e. An empty or space character in ANSI could be a meaningful character in UTF-8 and SuccessFactors LMS)
- If an input file is being copied manually, please correct the encoding and leave the extra or unnecessary characters and use only the values that is needed to avoid input encoding file issues.
- This is not a SuccessFactors restriction, but rather a standard rule any software system would follow. Standardizing the character encoding will allow the values that are stored and retrieved to be in one format without having any discrepancy or UI/UX issue.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, UTF-8, character code, notepad++, input file encoding is not supported , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To