You would like to add description on the VCAL invites that users receive.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Successfactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Enroll in a Class
- Receive a VCAL invite in your email
- Notice that there is no description
The Description on the Agenda level of the Class is missing.
- Proceed to System Administration > Manage Email > Email Notification Templates
- Search for the SystemEnrollmentNotification and edit it (or VLE_ENROLLMENT if the Class has VLS)
- Access the Messages tab and look in the VCAL Message section
- By default there is a line that is for description: DESCRIPTION:<ESCAPEFORVCAL value="<&VCAL_DESC>"/>
- If the line is missing, add it back in. If the line is there, the Description is blank.
This particular line pulls the Agenda Description field and not the Class Description Field.
To check on the Agenda Description field:
- Go to Learning Activities > Classes
- Search for the Class and access the record
- In the record proceed to the Agenda tab
- Click on the More menu (the three dots) and choose to edit the time slot
- Fill in the Description field and save
Please see the User Assistance documentation on Modifying Learning Notifications (login may be required).
Edit VCAL, VCAL Description, VCAL, description, calendar invite, notification, calendar, class, Agenda, lms, sf , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , How To