When navigating to Manage Permission Roles, some permissions in View Current and View History columns are grayed out.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SuccessFactors
- Go to Admin Center
- Set User Permission > Manage permission Roles
- Select the role you want to change > Click on Permission...
- Go to the section you want to edit the permissions
- See the permissions in View Current and View History grayed out, unable to edit it
- The permissions View Current, View History will be grayed out when any permission succeeding them (Edit/Insert, Correct, Delete) are enabled.
- This is because as per design logic, a user can Edit/Insert, Correct, Delete the field only when they can view the field and its History page in first place which means view Current/History should be enabled for it.
- This is expected behavior.
- To enable RBP for View Current, View History please disable the succeeding permissions on the right:
RBP, Personal Information, Role Based Permissions, grayed, View History, View Current, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem