This article aims to give a brief summary on Job Families, and how to create them, via the Job Profile Builder UI and via Import.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SuccessFactors HxM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Job Profile Builder
Job Families are group of jobs that involve similar types of work. May require similar training, skills, competencies, and knowledge that help organize related jobs for job profiles.
When you create a Job Template, you will have to designate Job Families to it, so that any employees that perform a role within that family will have their job profile following that template.
More data on Different Job Profile Objects can be found in our JPB Admin Guide.
Manage Job Profile Family Data via User Interface
1. Go to Admin Center -> Manage Job Profile Content
2. Select Setup Families and Roles -> Click "Create Family"
3. Create a Family Record by providing a Family Name -> Click "Create Family"
* Note: User can add translation of the Family by clicking the Globe Icon beside the Family Name Text Box
- Manage Job Profile Family Data via Import File
1. Get Family CSV Template File
a. Go to Admin Center -> Manage Job Profile Content Import and Export -> Select “Family” File Template.
Note: A confirmation box will appear to ask if the user want to download the template along with the data. User may select “No” if they only want the template file and “Yes” if otherwise.
2. Open the generated CSV File and provide all Family Data that needs to be added in the system.
Family Name: Information Technology
English UK Translation: Information Technology
Expected Values per header fields:
Name.defaultValue: Default Family Name
Name.<!language!> : Translated Family Name for a specific Language (e.g: Name.EN_GB, meaning this column will be the United Kingdom English Value)
- If a Family Name is blank to a specific Translation (Name.<!language!>), then the Family would not be available for the specific Locale.
CreatedLocale: Language where the Family was generated (Sample: en_US, en_UK)
- Users may leave this field as null/blank and the system will just add the correct createdlocale value.
Status: (A) – Active and (I) – Inactive
- This field should be null as per system design, in order for the system to generated it’s own unique GUID for the record.
3. Import the Family CSV File
a. Go to Admin Center > Manage Job Profile Content Import/Export > Select Type: “Family” > Add Family CSV File > Select a File Encoding Type.
b. Click "Import" Button
Note: User may “Validate” the records first to identify if the import will be successful or if there are some issues with the file/records.
4. Validate Import
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Job Profile Content > Competency
Job Profile Family, JPB Family Import, Create Family , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , Problem