When you try to access a link in the Text Pool Definition view it doesn't work.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the system in HTML5 UI.
- Go to Application & User Management work center.
- Select the view Text Pool Definition.
- In the displayed list click on the link to edit any entry.
The Link doesn't work.
The functionality which you are trying to access is not available in HTML5 client of SAP Business ByDesign System. The Text Pool Definition work center view is actually outdated. A new work center view called Text Pool Administration has been added to the HTML5 version of Business ByDesign.
To enable the new work center view Text Pool Administration, there are three separate steps that should be executed.
Step 1 - Scoping:
- Navigate to Business Configuration Implementation First Implementation Edit Project Scope.
- Go to Questions Built-in Services and Support System Management User and Access Management
- Select In Scope for Group: Customer Language Adaptation Do you want to activate the Language Adaptation Tool? , to include it in the scope.
- Save the scoping.
Step 2 - Enabling User Access to the new Work Center:
- Go to the Application and User Management work center, open Business Users (if you want to assign the work center to separate users) or open Business Roles, if you want to assign the work center to multiple users through a business role.
- Click on Edit and choose Access Rights.
- Navigate to Work Center and View Assignment and find the work center ITS_APPLICATIONUSERMANAGEMENT.
- Select Assigned to User for Application and User Management, Text Pool Administration and Text Pool Execution Run from Work Center/View Name,
- Select Save and login to the system again.
Step 3 - Fine Tuning:
- Navigate to the Business Configuration work center. Go to the Implementation Projects view. Select the current Started implementation project.
- Click on Open Activity List.
- Select the Fine-Tune tab.
- Find the Additional Communication Languages activity and open it.
- Select Language is Allowed for the particular language.
- Select Save.
Text pool definition, customer language adaptation tool, language adaptation , KBA , AP-GLO-TXA , ByD Key User Translation Tool , Problem