This article covers the following topics:
- RCM-RMK Data Mapping Overview
- Required Fields for Job Data Mapping
- Recommended Fields for Job Data Mapping
- Recruiting Cross-Module Data Mapping Table
- Example of RCM-RMK Field Mapping
- Supported RCM field types
- Important Considerations
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK)
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
- Mapping must be completed for every job requisition XML template in RCM.
- The correct data fields must be configured at the start of the RMK implementation.
- The best practice is to map all the standard fields.
- To map the RMK fields, the SOLR field names from the RCM database must be considered. See the Recruiting Cross-Module Data Mapping Table (section #4 below).
- Once a field is mapped from RCM to RMK, it can also be used in Advanced Analytics, as long as that field maps all the way to Advanced Analytics. See the Recruiting Cross-Module Data Mapping Table (section #4 below).
- Custom fields in RCM can be mapped to RMK, as long as they have a data type of text or picklist in RCM. (Once in RMK, the data type does not matter.)
- Please refer to the following tables in the Recruiting Implementation Guide for specific instructions:
- Recruiting Management Field Specifications
- Technical specifications for Recruiting Marketing fields
- Mapping RMK fields to RCM fields for Real Time Job Sync
Only minimal fields are required for Real-Time Job Sync to function. However, all other fields are recommended in order to ensure full functionality of an integrated RMK-RCM instance. These fields are used by Media, Advanced Analytics, distribution to job boards, and for rule writing on pages.
The following fields are required to be mapped:
- Job Title
- Job Description
- State (U.S. only)
- Zip Code or Postal Code information is not required for Real-time Job Sync, but it is useful for features like creating the Google Job Map or determining job markets. In order to use Radius Search, the zip or postal code is required.
- The State field is only required for jobs in the United States. This field can be set to required="false" on the job requisition templates in cases where customers have both U.S. and non-U.S. jobs. Recruiters must know that the state field is required for US-based jobs.
ISO codes should be used for states has RMK has a limit of 4 characters for this field.
- If a job does not contain a Job Description, it will not sync in RMK.
- When mapping Job Description, always choose “Full External Job Description” (Header, Description and Footer), so the complete content of the headers and footers are transmitted to RMK. This is especially important for customers using Job Profile Builder, since the job description becomes the header file in the RCM system.
- Category is a common field used for rules, and is also used by the Media team when they send jobs to job boards, aggregators, etc. Having basic data in this field tells the job board what type of job this is (Sales, Marketing, IT, and so on). The "Category" field in RMK must be mapped to the RCM backend field "Department" according to the Recruiting Cross-Module Data Mapping Table (section #4 below).
Notice in this table that, in some cases, the field name (label) might be misleading as it changes after mapping.
For example, the RCM field "Department" (SOLR database field name in the third column) maps to the RMK field of "Category" (first column). However, when this field is selected for the CSB Search Grid, it is again labeled as "Department" (last column).
This particular field is also commonly used to write rules to direct jobs to specific category pages. In that case, the RCM "department" field is used from the Solr name column.
This mapping is set up on the RCM side through Admin Center > Manage Recruiting > Setup Recruiting Marketing Job Field Mapping:
From the picture above, we can select the RCM field from a drop down list. However, when selecting this list we will see different fields for each drop down list selected.
RMK will only accept certain types of fields from RCM. You can see the supported RCM field types on the picture below.
It is not possible for RCM to send multiple values to RMK. For mfield picklists, RMK will receive only the primary value. Please do not use mfields on location fields, cause when this field is mapped to a RMK field, the values in the mfield will be concatenated when RMK receives the field. If you would like to have multiple locations, please use the Multi-location feature.
The Adcode multi-select picklist field was previously used to send multiple values to RMK. However, in the Q2 2017, there was a change where only the primary value of a mfield is sent from RCM to RMK. Due to that, the integration between RCM to RMK was breaking for some customers sending multiple adcode values. You can find the workaround to solve this issue on the Recruiting Implementation Guide.
It is critically important that the fields are correctly configured and mapped for RCM job requisitions to support all requirements.
Consider the downstream impacts. If you use a field for other than its intended purpose, it may work in some areas of the application, but may cause issues elsewhere. For example, reports in Advanced Analytics may not work correctly.
There is a limited number of custom fields for the various uses, so consider all requirements at the start of the implementation.
Brand is a special field which should be used with care. Brands data mapped from RCM must match the configuration in the CSB Brand Management section or this will have downstream impact on many RMK features.
Note that brand field values not matching configured brands will not be reflected in the XML feeds.
Here are some of the RMK uses for the data fields on the RCM requisition template:
- Job Information, for both candidates and the talent acquisition staff
- Page Rules for Category pages
- Search Grid (columns displayed after a job search)
- Job Page Layouts
- Advanced Analytics reports
Job Data Mapping , Recruiting Execution Field Mapping, RCM-RMK Fields, Recruiting integration issues, Implementation requirements and best practices, Recruiting Marketing Data Field Mapping , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To