You are returning received goods to a supplier. During the process, you observe that the item you would like to return is not available, although the product is on stock in the relevant Logistics Area.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Common Task Stock Overview.
2. Search for Product ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the product) and Storage Location ID DEF (DEF represents the ID of the Storage Location).
3. See that the product is on stock and there are Warehouse Confirmations for it (XXX and YYY(YYY and XXX represents the Warehouse Confirmations ID).
4. Go to Work Center Inbound Logistics and enter the subview By Warehouse Order.
5. Show All Warehouse Orders and find ZZZ (ZZZ represents the actual number of the Warehouse Order).
6. See that it was processed correctly and the status is 'Finished'.
7. Go back to Work Center Inbound Logistics.
8. Select New Return to Supplier.
9. Show Supplier Delivery Items By Selection and find ABC.
10. See that no relevant item is displayed.
Incorrect Follow-Up Activity: 'Post to own Stock' was specified in the Customer Return Notification.
In order to resolve the issue you have to set the correct Follow-Up Activity: 'Return to Supplier'.
If you unrelease the Inbound Delivery it still won’t be possible to edit the Customer Return Notification and modify the Follow-Up Activity field.
You must cancel the Inbound Delivery first and create a correct Customer Return Notification with Follow-Up Activity 'Return to Supplier' and 'Externally-Owned Stock' equals to 'True'.
return to supplier, stock not available, incorrect follow-up activity, , KBA , return to supplier , stock not available , incorrect follow-up activity , AP-RTS-RTS , Return To Supplier , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem