- Data/Fields are displayed vertically in the People Profile.
- Fields in custom MDF portlet do not display horizontally in People Profile.
- Portlet does not display in Flow or Grid layout in PP3 in Edit Mode.
- View is not respecting the layout set in the UI via Manage Configuration UI page.
- Data appears in Form layout in PP3.
NOTE: "Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
Data in the fields do not get displayed horizontally in the PP3 screen.
This is by design in PP3 and is expected behavior and portlet data always appears in Form layout in View mode
PP3 design principle (Configure People Profile) in View mode: doesn't allow the appearance in Grid layout (horizontal arrangement of fields). It will always be displayed as a label-value pair (i.e. vertically) in View Mode irrespective of what layout is used the UI screen (in Manage Configuration UI page)
Whereas, in Edit mode, Flow and Form layouts are supported. Please have a look at the KBA: 2593930 to understand how to set Flow layout in Edit mode.
Master KBA for Manage Configuration UI FAQs => 2553102
How to set Flow layout in Edit mode in PP3: 2593930
Workflow page does not follow UI settings and layout : 2545813
Custom MDF portlets, Horizontally, Vertically, Layout, Form, Grid, Flow, PP3 layout, horizontal, vertical, layout , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , How To