This document describes the behavior of the language adaptation tool with regard to reporting texts.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
You will find the feature here:
Go to the Administrator work center.
- In the General Settings, click Language Adaptations.
- Create a new adaptation with the required languages.
- Please make sure to tick the box Get Analytical Report Text in the tab Text Pool Selection.
- When collecting texts, you have to make sure to tick all work centers that the reports to be translated are assigned to. The system will only collect the reports texts of those reports assigned to the work centers you have selected in Work Centers Selected for Texts.
- For the system to collect texts for KPIs and dashboards, please select the Business Analytics work center.
- If a change of assignments was done, please collect the texts again (no automatic update).
- After the texts are collected, you may see that the same label is listed several times. This is because the label is present in several instances. It is recommended maintain a translation for all of them.
Translating fields from standard reports:
- fully supported.
Translating fields from custom reports:
- If the field is a standard field, it will be translated as normal.
- If the field comes from a cloud data source, or if you have renamed it in a data source, you have to rename it in the report wizard first. Only then will it be considered for translation. To rename the field:
- Go to Business Analytics, view Design Reports.
- Select the custom report and click Edit With > Report Wizard.
- Go to step 4: enter a characteristic name in the column Rename Characteristic To.
- Go to step 5: enter a variable name in the column Rename Variable To.
- Please note: Key figures cannot be renamed. For this reason, key figures coming from cloud data sources cannot be translated via the Language Adaptation tool.
- Click Finish. Afterwards, the language adaptation tool will pick up these texts as well.
- Fields are only translated on a report level, not in data sources. In a data source, you can only translate the header, not the characteristics and key figures.
- For KPIs & dashboards, you can only translate the header. The remaining information will be translated by translating the context reports.
- When you rename a report, this will not impact the translation via language adaptation.
- Please note if you copy analytical content and change it afterwards it will not be translated correctly as they might have the same key as the original.
- Regarding master data reference fields (i.e. fields that were added via Add Fields > drill down into an object):
- they are not translated by default. They are only translated if there is a report on the data source from which the master reference fields are taken, and if that report is also collected and translated.
- the parent node (i.e. the label in brackets) currently cannot be translated, if this field was renamed in the report wizard.
- If you rename a field in the report wizard and then translate this field via the language adaptation, the translation currently does not apply to the column label in the value help, when you add this field to the selection.
translation, renamed, business analytics, report, data source, field name, label, administrator , KBA , attribute , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To