You are creating a journal entry voucher and would like to assign a cost object, like a sales order, to the document. Nevertheless, no records are found in the Cost Object Type dropdown nor in the Cost Object input help.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entry Voucher view.
- Click New -> Journal Entry Voucher.
- Specify the required header details.
- Add a new G/L Account item.
- In the line item details, click the Cost Object or Cost Object Type fields. These fields may be hidden due to Personalize settings.
You notice that there are no records shown or the retrieved records does not met you expectation.
The Cost Object Type and Cost Object fields concerns essentially the retrieval of free cost objects data. Since you do not have created free cost objects in the system, no records are found the input help.
The existing free cost objects in your system can be seens as follows: Obs:
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center.
- Click the Free Cost Object view.
Depending on the journal entry type, the system shows/hides the cost assignment options. For sales order assignment, for example, you may change the journal entry type to 00088 - Manual Entry for Sales Documents, which allows the sales order/sales order item assignment.
ByDesing Documentation: Free Cost Objects Quick Guide
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To