- How to clean existing DMS vendor config data
- Unable to select a different vendor
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Step to reproduce the issue:
- Enable Document Management Service in provisioning
- Add "Document Management Configuration" to admin role permissions
- Open "Configure Document Management" in Admin Center
- Select "Successfactors" as document management vendor in the tool
- Try selecting a different vendor - system does not allow this
- This is expected behavior
- The options are grayed out because you already had selected a Document Management Service.
- DMS vendor config doesn't encourage frequent switch. So if you want to connect to another DMS vendor, you need to first clean the existing DMS vendor config data.
- The customer will have to migrate the attachments from Successfactors framework into the new selected framework.
- The migration itself is a Professional Services paid engagement and not in scope for support
To Clean the old configuration:
- Go to Manage Data page
- Search OBITenantConfig–>dms, select Permanently Delete Entry
3. Search DMSPersonFolder, for all ther records, select Permanently Delete Entry
DMS, Document Management Service, MDF, Box, OpenText, SuccessFactors, PeopleDoc , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-DOC , Document Management , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To