Text cut off.
- Fields with can grow option checked, print text under the following field below on the report.
- How to dynamically bring a text object or field, on top of the next text object, or field on a report in Crystal Reports?
SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a Database Field on the report.
- Format the field with the option "Can Grow", so if the text is larger than the length defined, it grows and print the text on the next line.
- Insert a Text Object under the Database Field.
- Set the background color of the Text Object to any color.
- When previewing the report, the text of the database field is cut off, and prints under the Text Object.
How to dynamically set the Database Field to print on top of the Text Object, to avoid the text being truncated?
Text is truncated because the Database Field layer level is lower than the Text Object.
There is no option in Crystal Reports to move an object dynamically in front of another object, but there is an option to manually move an object in front, or in the back of another object. To do so:
- In Crystal Reportrs designer, open the report.
- Right click on the object you want to display in front of the following object, and select in the contextual menu "Move - Forward" or "Move - To Front"
CR, dynamic layer.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016