When an attempt is tried to update a non-referenced field (custom column) to a referenced field the following validation error is generated
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- As LMS admin, create a Custom Column for an item and make it as non-referenced
- Create an item and make sure that the Custom Column that you created above is populated with a value
- Once the item has been created try to change the Custom Column from non-referenced to referenced. You will get a validation error:
"The custom column cannot be modified to referenced because certain records already have non-referenced values that would become invalid"
- This is expected behavior.
- You cannot change a non-referenced field to a referenced field if there are already records related to that custom column.
You may reach out to our Professional Services team (through your CSM) and they might help you with.
As a workaround, since you would be aware of the values needed for the Custom Column, you could create another custom column that is referenced and add the references to the custom column.
The custom column cannot be modified to referenced; certain records already have non-referenced values; would become invalid; Custom column; Non referenced custom column; Referenced Custom column , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem