Employees with Skype for Business 2016 are not able to see status of users in SAP Jam in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer .
- SAP Jam
Reproducing the Issue
Employees with Skype for Business 2016 can see status of users in SAP Jam when using Internet Explorer but this is not visible in Chrome.
- Login to SAP Jam
- Post any feeds or jut mouseover on the user's name
- Skype status will be visible as per the screenshot given below.
Important: The status of Skype for Business 2016 is supported in Internet Explorer only.
- It is an ActiveX control that must be loaded by the browser, only Internet Explorer will actually load this, so any other browser types will not work.
- There are also many people who will disable addons/ActiveX controls, some companies may even do this with a group policy.
- Secondly, this plugin must be enabled on the users machine and ensure that it should be working correctly.
- There are many posts mentioning where this plugin that is installed by Office/Skype does not work due to a bad or mixed version installation of Office/Skype.
- The ActiveX control is called NameCtrl.
If AciveX is enabled and working fine and if still users are not able to see status in internet explorer then
Follow the below steps to ensure that feature is enabled on the Features section of Product Setup.
- Go to Jam admin
- Select Product setup from the left panel
- Select Features
- Ensure that Microsoft® Skype for Business® integration enabled
Note: All other setup is that the user must have Office/Skype for Business installed in your system and those must be the same version.
Skype Microsoft Lync2016 , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-SKP , Integration with Skype for Business , How To