When trying to import canvas report, an error message is displayed: "Error occurred while importing artifact".
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Analytics
- SAP SuccessFactors Report Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Reporting;
- Select Import;
- Browse the target XML file;
- Import file;
- Error message is shown: "Error occurred while importing artifact".
There are two causes for this issue:
- The user does not have RBP permissions or permissions of the Analytics Admin;
- The "Default Auto Create User Role" is not set correct on the analytics, so the user cannot access the ORD reports.
First step is to verify if logged-in user, receiving the error message, can create a new Report > Canvas in Report Center.
If user is not able to create new Canvas report, verify RBP permissions for this user in "View User Permissions" on Admin Center. The following permissions under "Analytics Permissions" should be enabled for user: Report Canvas Editing or Report Canvas Administration Permissions (to import).
Set the default role on the analytics admin. NOTE: Only the user who was the first to log in to the analytics and has the implementation partner role on the analytics admin is able to make this change, in:
- Online Report Designer using Analytics/Reporting tab;
- Select Admin (available on top-right);
- Select "Roles Maintenance":
- Click Roles (to open all roles available);
- Select a role;
- Click Tools > Edit current role > Settings;
- Set as default.
Advanced, Reporting, ODS, Realms, EC Data, Employee, Central, Error occurred while importing artifact, ORD, Import, reports , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Centre , Problem