When revising an item, the Admin wants to retain the retraining cycles and settings for the new revision. In other words, the Users that have previously completed an item, should not have to complete the new revision until the next retraining deadline.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
The unwanted behavior is as follows:
- A User completes an item with retraining inside a curricula
- The Admin revises the item following the steps to update the item revision inside the curricula
- The User now has to complete the item again inside the initial assignment period instead of the retraining period
- Revise the item making sure to mark the appropriate option but do not make the new revision production ready yet.
- Go to the new revision of the item
- Go to tab Substitutes
- Click in "Add Substitutes" (The green + button)
- Search for the previous revision of the item (make sure to search for inactive items as well, as the previous revision should be inactive)
- Select the Completion Status and check the "Add" checkbox
- Review the other fields according to KBA 2177797 that describes the behavior of setting an Effective Date and the other options in the Substitute relationship
- After setting everything correctly, click in "Add"
- Now make the item production ready by clicking in "Finalize Revision" in the new revision of the item -
- Check all the options, making sure that the option "Do you wish to update curricula potentially affected by this new item revision?" is selected.
- Review the configuration settings for the Curriculum
- Use the option "Run the job now"
Note:If you are using an LMS version lower than 2005, "Finalize Revision" is shown as "Productionize".
2177797 - Setting up a Substitute Item in SuccessFactors Learning
Revise, Productionize, Curricula, Retraining, Curriculum, Revision, Item, Initial Assignment period, Users complete training again, Update Item, Update Course, Exam , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CUR , Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem