- There is a connection between SAP Cloud Platform (e.g. CPI - Cloud Platform Integration) and an AS ABAP system through SAP Cloud Connector (SCC) via HTTP/HTTPS.
- The authentication in the backend system is performed using Basic Authentication.
- A request sent to the backend returns with HTTP Status 401.
- In case of CPI, the log shows the following error:
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message., cause: org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPException: HTTP response '401: Unauthorized' when communicating with [backend URL]
- SAP Cloud Platform
- SAP Cloud Connector
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP
Hana Cloud Integration, hci , KBA , BC-MID-ICF , Internet Communication Framework , BC-CST-IC , Internet Communication Manager , BC-MID-SCC , SAP Cloud Connector On-Demand/On-Premise Connectivity , BC-SEC-LGN , Authentication and SSO , BC-NEO-CON , Cloud to On-premise Connectivity service , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.