Admin perform user search, click on any user from search results and receive Communication Error
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as LMS Admin
- Go to Users -> Users -> Click on Search to search all users in the environment
- Click on any user id from search results
- It takes long time to load user records and results in Communication Error. Please refer below screenshot.
The issue is related to User custom column reference values.
As per best practice suggested by Product Management Team it is recommended that
- For values that are never reused/unique to each user, do NOT create referenced values. These should be free-form text entry. In this case, do not use Referenced custom column.
- For values that are reference lists, only use dropdowns when the lists are short (any more than 100 is not a good user experience).
To update drop down property, please use below steps:
- Login into LMS as Admin
- Go to System Admin -> Configuration -> Search Selectors -> Select Records per page=All
- Search for search selector "Custom Column User reference" and click on Edit
- You will find the configuration in the search selector "dropDownEnabled"
- Update the configuration to change its value from true to false. dropDownEnabled=false
unable to load users, communication error, lms, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem