You log into the system in language English. You open a report with the Excel Add-In and the characteristics and key figures appear in a different language.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the system in English.
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Select the report you want to view.
- Run the report with the required selection options.
- Select Navigate to and then select Microsoft Excel.
- The report will open in Excel but Characteristics and Key Figures are shown in a different language.
When a report is opened in a browser, it would be in a language by which the user has logged in, in a particular application.
In this case, in what languague you have logged-in into the Excel Add-In, the report would be in the same language.
But the Excel Add-In takes the language from the system settings. So it could happen that you login with language ABC but the Excel Add-In shows language XYZ.
This is the expected system behavior and works as designed.
To change your language, please follow the steps:
- Go to Personalize and My Settings
- Go to Tab Regional Settings and under language, you have the option to change the language setting.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA-UI-XLS , C4C, ByD, Travel: Excel AddIn , How To