While uploading Service Requests with Registered Product information into the system using the Migration tool, you receive the following warning: Warranty XYZ isn't valid. Please check validity dates. (XYZ represents the Warranty ID).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center, Overview view.
- Search for migration of service requests.
- Open the Migration of Service Requests activity
- On the next screen, click the link Migrate service requests using the migration tool.
- On the migration tool screen, upload the desired migration tempalte and click Execute Migration Step by Step.
- Proceed until step 3, where the warning will appear.
The reason for this warning is to inform that the validity of the warranty for Registered Product(s) associated with the Service Request(s) you are migrating has expired.
The same message can be observed when creating a Service Request with the same parameters in the UI.
This warning does not stop the migration and creation of the Service Request(s) and acts only as a reminder. As such, you may proceed with the creation.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To