- During an upgrade using Software Update Manager (SUM) tool, you are trying to restart the Java shadow instance (for example, after the DEPLOY-SHADOW-INSTANCE phase), but it fails with the following error:
com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.DeploymentException: An error occurred while restarting the server.
Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dc.jstartup.JStartupException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3312] An error occurred while restarting the cluster using SAP control webservice on URI
- Java shadow instance is up and running
- sapcontrol commands are hanging
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
- Software Update Manager (SUM)
SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java all versions
sapstartsrv hang hung startup , KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ , Upgrade tools for Java , BC-JAS-SF , Startup Framework , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.