You are trying to add a Product Specification which is under a Sales Kit into a Sales Order, and you see that the Product Specification field is grayed out.
Reproducing the Issue
We will be using Sales Kit ABC (ABC represent the ID of the Sales Kit) and Product/Material with Specification XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Product Specification).
1. Go to the Sales Orders work center.
2. Select the New Sales Order option under the Common Tasks.
3. Enter the needed Account master data.
4. Navigate to the Items tab.
5. Enter the Sales Kit ABC which holds Product/Material XYZ.
You expect the Product Specification field to be enabled, so that you may select the needed specification, but the field is grayed out.
The SAP Business Bydesign does not support Product Specification under Sales Kit Product.
This is a system behavior.
We do recommend that you share your ideas at the Customer Influencer site through the link: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/886, so that we may enhance the system, or you can contact the SAP Service Center for the extension service.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To