- For custom MDF portlets on Employee Profile, when user clicks on "Insert New Record" button, the fields are populated with the existing values.
Upon selecting 'Insert New Record' on a custom MDF Portlet, the fields of the new record populate with the previous/existing records values. However the desired functionality is to have the new fields populate blank.
- Not able to set the default values to Null while entering the New record or Editing the existing record.
NOTE: Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata frameowrk (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the custom MDF portlet on the Employee Profile or PP3 (People Profile)
- Click on History->Insert new Record.
- Values in the fields appear from the already saved record.
This is by design in Employee Profile and PP3. If the system has existing for older effective date and you insert new record on a date which is after that older date, then system auto populates the older value in the fields. You can update those values or keep them same and save the data on new effective date.
However, user can set the fields in the object to populate with null values rather than having existing values using a UI rule.
To have desired behavior, user will have to make a UI rule in the respective UI screen and configure it as onInsertUI rule.
1. Go to Manage Configuration UI page and search for respective UI screen.
2. Click on Manage UI rules -> Add Rule.
3. Create a new rule with If condition Always set to True (So that rule does not wait for any condition to be met to start executing) and set all the desired field values to Null like in below screenshot.
4. Click on Save and then Close
5. Click on Edit Properties.
6. Add the rule on the onInsertUI section and click on OK.
7. Click on the Save button on the top.
8. Navigate again to portlet on PP3 page and Click on History ->Insert new Record.
Now you will see that the values in the fields load up as Blank/Null on that portlet, as desired.
- Fields of type "Attachment" and "DateTime" cannot be set to null by default hence this rule does not work for those field types.
- MDF: Metadata Framework
- Custom MDF portlets
- UI rules
- onInitUI rule
- onInsertUI rule
- Insert New Record