We would like to sync the Alt First Name field with a field in Employee Profile. But when we try to navigate to “Manage Business Configuration” and click on personalInfo portlet, the system throws an error saying, “You are not allowed to make changes to Personal information configuration due to following issues, Rules are not defined in the system but referenced in the configuration. Request you to help us remove these redundant rules from the configuration.
Employee Central 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Admin Center -> Company Settings -> Manage Business configuration -> Click on personalInfo link (this issue can occur in any other portlets as well such as jobInfo and compInfo).
When a business rule is attached to the data model but is deleted from the "Manage Business rule" / system directly.
The reference of these rules in the data model is not deleted and an orphaned reference remains.
This causes the "Manage Business Configuration" admin tool to lock the specific portlet of the data model for any further changes.
Error thrown is "You are not allowed to make changes to Personal information configuration due to following issues, Rules are not defined in the system but referenced in the configuration".
- In case you have access to Provisioning, please download the Succession Data Model XML file:
- Remove the non-existent rules as advised by the system in the error message given in Manage Business Configuration and save it.
- Reimport the data model.
From Front End
- Create a dummy rule(s) (which raises an info message) with the same Rule ID as shown in the error message.
- This stops the error.
- Then go to Manage Business Configuration and remove the rule(s) from the elements in question and save it.
- Now you can delete the dummy rule(s) created in step 1.
You are not allowed to make changes to configuration due to following issues, Rules are not defined in the system but referenced in the configuration, orphaned rule references in data model, non-existent rules in data model, bcui, manage business configuration, , KBA , employee central , successfactors , not allowed to make changes to configura , not defined in the system but referenced , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , Problem