- You are trying to run a data volume reclaim to reduce the size of the data volume.
- System Replication is causing issues for the data volume reclaim due to snapshots on the primary.
- You implemented the parameter changes recommended from KBA 1999880 FAQ: SAP HANA System Replication - Point 19: 'How can RECLAIM DATAVOLUME be executed when system replication is active?'
- The reclaim is running for so long it is failing when daily backup runs with the following error:
Could not execute 'alter system reclaim datavolume <host>120 defragment' in <hours: mins:sec>.
SAP DBTech JDBC: : general error: Shrink canceled, probably because of snapshot pages.
- How can you stop the daily backup causing the volume reclaim to cancel?
- Is there any way to tell the progress of the data volume reclaim? i.e. how far through is it?
- Is there any further advice for large data volume reclaims?
SAP HANA 1.0
RECLAIM, datavolume, defragment , KBA , HAN-DB-HA , SAP HANA High Availability (System Replication, DR, etc.) , HAN-DB-PER , SAP HANA Database Persistence , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.