- How to limit the access of a dashboard / tile to a certain population?
- How to share / grant / restrict Dashboard or tile access to select access?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Dashboards and Tiles
Tile Based Dashboards:
Access to Tile based Dashboard is controlled by Sharing / Unsharing the Dashboard with the desired user(s).
Admin Center > Reporting and Analytics > Manage Dashboards > Manage Tile-Based Dashboards > Share / unshare the desired Dashboard:
(With Report Center, Dashboard admins can perform this directly from Report Center)
Note: Even the user who had created the Tile-Based Dashboard will be able to access it only by sharing the Dashboard with himself / herself
With Report Center, Dashboard admins can perform the same from the same actions from the Report Center screen
2768186 - My Reports and All Reports - Report Center
Standard Tiles, Standard Dashboards, Custom Tiles and Imported Custom Dashboards (Either built with Youcalc and imported or transferred from another instance):
- Access admin center
- Search for the Role that the user has on "View User Permission" and write it down
- Go to "Manage Permission Roles" > select the role searched > go to "Permission"
- On "Permission" you can select the tiles as per below under "Analytics Tiles and Dashboards":
Note: The access to the data inside the tiles and dashboards will be respected according to the target population of the above permissions in RBP i.e. An user with Analytics Tiles and Dashboards > "Performance Form Status" permission with a target population of "All Employees", will be able to see Performance Management data of all users while running the tile, regardless if he has permission to access the Performance forms or not in the system.
RBP, Permission, Dashboard, Tile, Access, Control, Tile-Based Dashboard, Standard, Custom, Tile-Builder, Epix, youcalc, Share, Report, Center , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , YouCalc Dashboards and Tiles (Dashboards 2.0) , How To