- After a deadlock
- ASE reports signal 11 or timeslice at address lock__singlechain_deadlock
- Which crashes the server
- ASE errorlog entries will show:
End of deadlock information.
Current process (hex#) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address hex# (lock__singlechain_deadlock+0xc5)
timeslice -501, current process infected at 0xe1c6be (lock__singlechain_deadlock+0x1ce)
The stack trace includes all or most of these modules:
- ASE automtically shuts down due to the spid holding spinlock tablockspins:
Spinlock tablockspins at address 0x00002aaaaf794880 ...
- The error sequence may be preceded by timeslice(s) at atomic_try:
timeslice -501, current process infected at 0x1646434 (atomic_try+0x2)
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
crash, shutdown, stacktrace, CR810877, CR#810877, 810877, lock__singlechain_deadlock, lock , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.