SAP SuccessFactors Creating Learning Assessments
User Assistance Documentation
This KBA describes how to access the User Assistance Documentation for Creating Assessments to Test Users' Learning topics
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning offers different opportunities for users to show that they have absorbed training material
- You can build assessments or task checklists to test users' understanding of course material
Important Note: Make sure you are logged into https://help.sap.com when accessing the documentation links below as they require authentication.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
In SAP SuccessFactors Learning, you can build assessments or task checklists to test users' understanding of course material
Select the correct type of test based on how you measure learning outcomes:
- Assessments Measure Concepts and Facts:
- Assessments measure someone's' ability to absorb concepts and facts
- When you assign an assessment to a learning item, users engage with the training content in the learning item, and then they use the assessment to show that they understood the content's concepts and retained important facts
- They experience the assessment as an exam or quiz: a set of questions that they answer
- Task checklists measure someone's ability to demonstrate, physically, that they absorbed the training material
- Put another way, if you want to observe a users' ability to complete a physical task, then you can create task checklists
- For example, if you need to observe a mechanic disassemble an engine, completing a set of steps in a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), you can send an observer to watch the mechanic
- The observer arrives with a task checklist
- The task checklist is each step in the SOP
- As the mechanic reaches each step in the SOP, the observer marks the mechanic complete on the step
For more information, review the Creating Assessments to Test Users' Learning User Assistance Document which covers these topics:
- Assessments in an Instructional Design Strategy - Assessments provide an opportunity to build an instructional design strategy.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Quiz Assessments - SAP SuccessFactors Learning quizzes are a learning assessment that offers simplicity.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Exam Assessments - SAP SuccessFactors Learning exam assessments provide a robust way to measure learning outcomes.
- Exam Assessment Settings - Exam assessment settings control how users interact with the exam assessment
- Creating Remediation Checks for Failed Exams - Create remediation checks for users when they fail their exam iteration to require an intervention by an instructor or a learning administrator before users can retake the learning item or the exam
- Reviewing Exam Iterations - Review exam iterations when you want to see how users performed during their attempts at an exam
- Clearing a Locked Exam or Learning Item for Users - Clear a locked exam or learning item for users when you decide that they should be granted access to the exam again
- Limiting the Attempts to Complete an Exam - Limit the attempts to complete an exam so that users cannot attempt to pass the exam indefinitely
- Adding Objectives to Exam Assessments - Add objectives to exam assessments when you want the exam to test users' proficiencies in a learning objective by drawing on a bank of questions associated with the objective
- Adding Assessments to Learning Items - Add assessments to learning items (courses) to require an assessment as a part of passing the learning item.
- Deleting Assessments - Delete assessments when you want to remove them from SAP SuccessFactors Learning.
- Deleting Assessment Locales - Delete an assessment locale if you do not need it and it is not being used by the system.
- Answer Randomization - Answer randomization tells exams to present potential answers to users in a random order.
- Pending Assessment Questions - When you see pending questions in SAP SuccessFactors Learning assessments, you know that there is work to do on the assessment before you can publish.
- Assessment Iterations and Sessions - The two settings Exit and Resume and attempts limit (Quiz Attempts Limit and Exam Attempts Limit) work together to control the count of your users' assessment iterations and how your users' assessment sessions.
- Migration Process for Legacy Questions to Assessments - When you migrate from legacy questions to assessments, you follow a set process, including some recommendations.
- Supported Question Types - Select the correct question type to correctly challenge users on their knowledge.
- Reports Available for Assessments - These reports are available in the learning administration Reports section.
- Notes about Assessments - Assessments behave in a predictable way according to fundamental rules.
- Adding Tasks to a Learning Item - A learning item's tasks are skills that users should be able to demonstrate upon completing the tasks
- Enabling a Task Checklist - A task checklist is a tool that observers use to see if learners can demonstrate what they learned in a course
- Arranging Learning Item Tasks into a Sequence
- Enabling Administrators to Assign Task List Observers
- Enabling Users to Nominate their own Task Checklist Observers
- Why Add Tasks to Learning Items - A learning item's tasks are skills that users should be able to demonstrate upon completing the task
- Task Checklist Business Process - Before building a task checklist, understand how it operates from set up to completion
- Task Checklist Observer - ask checklist observer watches users to make sure that they successfully complete a series of tasks to prove that they absorbed what they learned in a course
- Rules for Modifying Assigned Task Checklists - What happens if you modify a task checklist after it has been enabled and then assigned to one or more users?
- The Process of Selecting Observers and Completing Observations - The two primary steps are to select observers, and then to complete the observations
- Task Checklist Settings - Use task checklist settings to control the behavior of a task checklist at run time
User Assistance Guides in Learning Administration Help Documentation:
SF SuccessFactors Learning LMS Creating Assessment Task Check List checklist add create make observe observation test lock item pass fail troubleshoot eval evaluation exam quiz survey objective question observe , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ASB , Assessment Builder , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , How To