When trying to clear open items in Customers / Suppliers accounts, system gives a message: Invoice XXX (XXX represents the Invoice ID) blocked for payments.
Note: This is valid only for Switzerland.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Receivables work center.
- Go to Customers view and select Customer Accounts.
- Select the Customer ABC (ABC represents the Customer Account ID)
- Click on Pay Manually By and select a payment method.
System shows the message: Invoice XXX (XXX represents the Invoice ID) blocked for payments.
The Customer Account master data shows no payment block has been set. However, the invoices are blocked for payments for any Swiss Company.
This is a standard behavior for Switzerland, if the ISR Payment Reference is selected on the Invoice, then an automatic Payment Block for Other payment methods is set.
You have to follow the below steps to remove the payment block.
- Go to business configuration work center.
- Click on Implementation Projects.
- Select the relevant project.
- Click on View Project Scope.
- Go to step: "Review Questions" and click on Show: All Elements.
- Navigate to Cash Flow Management -> Payables and Receivables Processing -> Payments and Clearing.
- Deselect the Business Option -> Group: Payment Slip with Reference Number.
ISR Payment Reference, Switzerland , KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To