When you add a customer to the involved parties on an installation point, the search does not work for the Customer ID.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Installed Base work center.
- Go to the Installation Points view.
- Open any installation point.
- Go to the Involved Parties facet.
- Go to Add.
- Enter the Role: Customer.
- For Party: Enter customer ID YYY (YYY represents the document ID).
Result: No return.
If you enter the customer name instead of the ID, the account is returned.
The basic search not only considers the ID but also other fields.
In case of accounts the fields considered are Account ID, External ID, Website, Country, City, and Postal Code.
The Advanced Search renders the exact result.
The party field value help on installation points starts a basic search.
This is expected system behaviour.
KBA , AP-IBA-IBA , Installed Base , Product Enhancement