Attempting to connect to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 results in the error message:
com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 52.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 51.0
SAP Lumira Desktop 1.31.x
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Reproducing the Issue
In Lumira Desktop click on File > New
- Select "Query with SQL"
- Click on the MS SQL 2012 driver
- Enter Database details
- Click Connect
SAP Lumira uses SAP JVM 7 (Java Virutal Machine), Lumira needs to be pointed to Java 8 in order for this driver to run successfully
- Edit C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\SAPLumira.ini in notepad or other text editor
- At the very top of the file add these lines (note they should be two separate lines):
- The path most likely will be different depending on the install and version of Java installed on the machine.
- Save the file and start Lumira.
- On install of a patch the SAPLumira.ini will be overwritten and this fix will need to be applied again.
KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0