You have a zero amount clearing task, which returns an error upon clearing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Closing-relevant tasks view.
- Find the clearing task 'Review and Clear Manual Payment <ID> - <Customer> - 0.00 <currency>'.
- Click Clear.
The error message is raised as follows: 'The action SUBMIT_FOR_APPROVAL is not possible. Refresh the screen and try again. If the problem persists, report an incident.'
This is a zero amount clearing, referring to a zero amount remittance advice created via web service. Hence, a zero payment, in general, would not make sense. Even if it has referece to a zero amount customer invoice, such invoice is not subject to clearing as it would not be an open item in the customer account monitor.
In this case, the remittance advice may be reversed, which cancels the open clearing task.
Note that since the advice has zero amount, it status changes automatically to Confirmed without the need of a bank statement. In order to reverse a remittance advice with zero amount, please follow below steps:
- Go to Payment Management work center.
- Go to Remittance Advices.
- Search and open the relevant advice.
- Open it in View All mode.
- Click on the Document Flow tab.
- Open the preceding payment allocation.
- Click Edit.
- Click Reverse.
Once reversed, the allocation is canceled and a new payment allocation is created In Preparation as replacement. Also, the remittance advice is changed from Confirmed to Released.
- Go back and open the remittance advice again. You see it has status Released, hence the Reverse button is enabled.
- Click Reverse.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To