When checking a Scheduled Offering there are more Users enrolled than the Maximum Registration
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to LMS Admin view
- Find the Scheduled Offering
- In the field Registration Status it will show a bigger number of registered Users than available seats.
Currently in LMS it is possible to have more Users enrolled in a scheduled offering in some ways:
- If the Admin enroll the User: Admins can enroll users in a scheduled offering even if there are no open seats.
- When supervisor enroll Users: In System Admin->Configuration->Registration Settings there is an option named "Supervisors can override Scheduled Offering maximum capacity". If this option is checked, supervisors can enroll Users even if there are no open seats in the Scheduled Offering.
- Using slots: When the number of slots exceeds the number set in Maximum Registration. For the behavior of the registration in this case, refer to KBA 2406081.
This is working as designed. Admin can supersede the limit set, as well as supervisors, when the related option is checked.
It's currently an expected behavior.
Scheduled Offering, Supervisor, Exceeds, Maximum, Seat, Slot, Open, Override, Capacity, Full, Admin, Supersede, Enroll , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem