You are unable to distribute the cost of the item X having the Item Type as Additional Cost Debit Item in supplier invoice XYZ to a purchase order ID (XYZ refers to supplier invoice ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center
- Select Invoices and Credit Memos view
- Search for the supplier invoice XYZ
- Navigate to Items tab (Item type must be Additional Cost Debit Item)
- Select the Cost Distribution sub-tab
- Click on the hyperlink Distribute among other invoices or credit memos
- Enter the purchase order ID under Order ID field.
- Click On Distribute button.
Distribution does not happen.
You are unable to distribute the costs using the purchase order B (B refers to purchase order ID) because the purchase order B has not yet been invoiced. Distribution can be done only for the documents which are either completely invoiced/partially invoiced.
When you select the Value Selection option in the Order ID field and remove all filters and select Go, only the purchase orders which are completely invoiced/partially invoiced appear. The purchase orders which are not invoiced or which are in Exception status will not be available for distribution.
The system allows you to redistribute the invoiced quantities of one purchase order item to several deliveries.
The purchase order B has to be invoiced completely/partially for Cost Distribution. This is the standard system behavior.
Unable to distribute cost using PO, unable to distribute cost, invoice, supplier invoice, credit memo, , KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To