When trying to initiate Background Check, you see "Error code : 250 Unable to initiate background check. Reason: Invalid Order Account"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Recruiting > select a job requisition
- Choose Background Check > select a candidate
- Take Action > Initiate Background Check
- Select the candidate > Submit
- Error code : 250 Unable to initiate background check. Reason: Invalid Order Account
- First Scenario: Account from background check vendor needs to be validated.
- Second Scenario: The issue is caused because the recruiter trying to initiate the background check is currently not in the excel file for Manage External User Accounts.
- First Scenario:
Engage the background check vendor to check if the account still active. If you are using First Advantage, you may may check the First Advantage Account ID by accessing Admin Center > First Advantage Background Check Integration Settings > API Credentials > Account ID, and engage First Advantage via https://www.fadv.com/contact.aspx to check the validity of the Account ID.
- Second Scenario:
A. Navigate to Admin Center > Manage External User Accounts
B. Select "Export all external accounts"
C. Click Submit and download the file
D. Open file
E. Add the affeted user's info to this file
F. Ensure to put 'FADV' in the EXTERNAL_PARTNER_CODE column
G. Once done, save the file and import it in Manage External User Accounts
H. Once imported, please log out of SF, close the browser, re-open the browser and log back in and try initiating background check again.
Error code 250, Background Check, Invalid Order Account, First Advantage , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , Problem