You are viewing dashboards or reports via the Analysis workcenter and you notice that in some report charts, the description for some bars is missing. The same may happen when you view a report tile on your home page.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Analysis work center, view Dashboards (or view Reports).
- Open the desired dashboard or report and execute it.
- One of the used report views is a chart, for example of the type Bar. Let us assume that this bar chart has 10 bars.
The description of each bar is missing in some cases. Only a few descriptions are shown.
Alternatively, open your home page and check a report tile which shows a chart e.g. with 10 bars. The same behavior can be observed here as well.
There is not enough space to display each description. This is often the case when there is more than 1 characteristic in the rows or when there are a lot of bars in the chart.
This is the correct behavior. It is not possible to show all descriptions if the space does not allow a readable display. You can use the following options to try and optimize this:
- For dashboards: Use the Drilldown feature. This button can be found in the top right corner of the dashboard report. This will expand the chart and give more space for descriptions to be shown.
- You can open the report via the Analyze Data button and view all required details there.
- Change the report view so only one characteristic is included in the rows. Save this as a new report view and use it in your dashboard / home tile.
- For tiles on the Home page: We are currently checking if the home page behavior can be changed to allow the resizing of tiles. This way, there will be more space to display descriptions. However this is still in planning and no release date can be confirmed at this stage.
report chart, wrong chart, home, dashboard, description, legend, analytics, label missing, report view description missing, display chart values , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To