You have created an extension field and extended it to a data source. You also have checked the consistency and it should be working as expected. However, when you try to create a new data source and add this field the following error message is raised 'Data type of data source field XYZ is not available'.
SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work-center and Design Data Sources view.
- Click on New button and New Data Source (Join or Combined).
- Click on Add Row button and select the data source.
- Define your data sources and join conditions.
- Click on Save button.
- See the error message 'Data type of data source field XYZ is not available'.
The extension field had some inconsistencies and needed to be repaired.
- Access the Object on which your extension field is based.
- Enter Adaptation Mode.
- Go to Extension Fields tab.
- Access the Further Usage.
- Click on the Data Sources and Reports pane.
- See the red lights on the status column.
- Click on the button Repair.
- See the green lights.
- Click on the Publish button.
- Exit Adaptation Mode.
- Try to re-create your data source.
Extension field, data source, new, adapt, adaptation, further usage, Data type of data source field XYZ is not available , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To