This document describes the best practices for promoting or transporting BI Platform content from one system to another using the Promotion Management Wizard (PMW) tool.
The following are discussed in this document.
- What is Promotion Management Wizard tool (PMW) ?
- How to promote thousands of objects across BI4 environments using LCM using PMW ?
- How to promote BI content such as reports, folders and other objects from one BI4 environment to another in bulk using PMW ?
- What are best practices when using PMW tool
- What are best practices when using PMW tool ?
- How to troubleshoot PMW Tool ?
- Limitations of PMW Tool ?
- Promotion Management Wizard tool (referred to as PMW)
- Promotion is synonymous to copying or transporting of the BI users & content from one compatible BI system to another.
- Source or origin server is any BI 4.x environment from which the BI content is being promoted FROM.
- Target or destination server is the BI4.x environment where the BI content is being promoted TO.
- Promotion management (PM) or Life cycle Management (LCM) - refers to the PM / LCM functionality
- Command line interface [CLI] - LCM CLI
- Graphical user interface GUI
- Web UI [Web user interface] - standard Promotion management Solution in CMC
- Promotion Management Wizard tool [PMW] is available from SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 SP5 & higher versions.
- PMW can be used to promote across same vesion or lower BI 4.x versions [ eg: 4.2x to 4.2x or 4.1x to 4.2x].
- All supported Windows & Linux Operating environments.
SAPBI 4.x 4.2 SP5 PMW Promotion bilcm bpkba cli wizard , KBA , bpkba , bilcm , 4.2 , sp5 , promotion , pmw , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.