This document describes the best practices for promoting BI Platform content using the Promotion Management Wizard (PMW) tool, including:
- What is the Promotion Management Wizard?
- How to promote thousands of objects across between BI 4.x environments
- Promotion Management Wizard best practices
- Troubleshooting Promotion Management Wizard
- Promotion Management Wizard limitations
- Promotion: to copy / transfer content (e.g. users, folders, reports and dependencies) between BI 4.x environments
- Source: content is promoted FROM this environment
- Target: content is promoted TO this environment
- Life Cycle Management (LCM): generally refers to this type of functionality
- Promotion Management: generally refers to this type of functionality; also, the name of a web-based tool with similar functionality (in the Central Management Console)
- LCM CLI (Life Cycle Management - command-line interface): a separate tool with similar functionality
- LCMBIAR (Life Cycle Management Business Intelligence Archive Resource): standardized archive file type, supported for use across all PM (LCM) tools. In place of direct ("live CMS to live CMS") promotions, content can be exported to / imported from LCMBIAR files
- Promotion Management Wizard is available in BI 4.2 SP05+
- PMW can be used to promote across same vesion or lower BI 4.x versions [ eg: 4.2x to 4.2x or 4.1x to 4.2x].
- All supported Windows & Linux Operating environments.
bip bi 4.x 4.* 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 bi4.x bi4.x bi4.* bi4.0 bi4.1 bi4.2 bi4.3 sp05 bilcm bpkba , KBA , bpkba , bilcm , 4.2 , sp5 , promotion , pmw , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.