Learning History is not getting uploaded for users in LMS using the import tool. File getting failed with message "The Item does not exist"
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Prepare a file for the Learning History import
- Upload the file under System Administration > System Management Tools > Import Data > Learning History
- The file will fail and when you download the result, you will see comment "The Item does not exist"
The Item ID, Revision Date and Time, or Item Type was not correct in the feed file.
- The Item ID provided in the file was 'ABCD' whereas on checking the database and the UI(using the 'Exact' filter), it was seen that there was no item with ID 'ABCD'.
- The correct item ID was 'ABCD ' (NOTE: there is an extra space after D).The file has to be corrected to have the item IDs as 'ABCD ' instead of 'ABCD'.
Revision Date and Time:
- If you're using Revision Date and Time for Import Data as it's optional, then ensure the timezone and time details are exactly the same
- Ensure the time details are exactly the same by ensuring in Preferences > Time Pattern ID > hh:mm:ss aaa (hh:mm:ss AM/PM)
- Go to your item and note down the Revision Date and Time > Open your Import File and ensure it matches
Additionally, please note this is case sensitive. The data provided on the feed file should match LMS' data.
Learning History, Item does not exist, Import tool, upload learning history, update , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem