Version security is removed after creating a new version when you import data into a model in SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC).
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.17
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new version in the Modeler >> Data Integration >> Mapping Options area:
- Map the data to the correct dimensions in the model
- Choose a category (i.e. Budget)
- Enter a new version name (i.e. Budget2)
- Click "Finish Mapping"
- Save model.
- Import new data to the new version created in step 1. iii. above.
- Data is rejected and a warning is received:
Data import completed. Total: 1, Submitted: 0, Rejected: 1 lines.
Click here to download the rejected rows in CSV format.
- Notice that all version security is removed after the subsequent (second time) data load.
When importing data into any version, the data access control (DAC / DAP) for that version is deleted and therefore the data import rejects all rows because of this data access violation.
This issue is resolved in version 2017.19.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , after a flat file update to the actuals , version the version read/write access ha , has been removed , versión , versão , forecast, planning, budget, public , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem