PlaceHolders are not rendering for workflow of type below:-
Timing: Scheduled on , Object: Visit , Rule Type: Activity Task.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Administrator Work Center.
- Create a Workflow rule ABC with Timing: "Scheduled on" , Object: "Visit" and Rule Type: "Activity Task"with no Define Conditions and some Placeholders to show in Subject. Save and Activate the rule.
- Go to Visit ABC1 and you can edit and update the Visit according to the Workflow Rule created.
- You will see a Task XYZ created. But you will see that the Tokens/Placeholders will not render.
- Ideally, you should not create a workflow rule of type Activity Task for the following objects: Appointment, Assignment, Phone call, Activity Task and Visit.
- Reason : Because it might result in recursion and we have already stopped showing the option of creating Activity task when any of this object is selected.
- Now if you try to create a new rule for any of the above objects after 1708 upgrade, you will not able to do so with the Rule Type: "Activity Task"
We suggest you to deactivate and delete such rules and use the Activity task functionality for the objects which are not in the list mentioned above.
If you'll keep rules as such, it might result in multiple execution and recursion.
Therefore, please use Rule Type:"Action" with Select Action:"Refresh Visit" as this action creates tasks and surveys based on rules and assigns them to the current visit.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To