You open an opportunity and you receive the error message: "Currency Missing".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales workcenter.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Click + to create a new opportunity.
- Enter mandatory data.
- Delete the 0,00 and the currency which is automatically pulled into the amount field (example: 'Total Negotiated Value').
- Save and open the opportunity.
Result: You see the error message "Currency Missing".
The Opportunity does not have a product maintained. Or, the value of the field: 'Total Negotiated Value' has no entry at all and there is no currency maintained in the opportunity.
When you create a new opportunity, depending on your system settings, the currency is pulled from the product, from the employee and/ or the account (depending on your sales data scoping settings, which is pretty complex).
Usually, what happens in your system is the following:
- Click + for new opportunity.
- Enter a subject.
- Enter an account & and owner.
- Now the system automatically pulls the currency from the matching sales data (depending on your settings).
- Once this happens, the field 'Expected Value' will fill with 0,00 and the matching currency.
The system allows you to delete the currency as well as the 0,00 and to create the opportunity anyway. Both leads and opportunities are very lenient and allow inconsistencies to a certain level. This is, so that during your lead and opp creation you have some more flexibility that can be evened out towards the more serious business steps.
-> However, your created object now has no currency and therefore the error appears.
Note: the same can happen for other amount fields from the Opportunity Quick Create view, if you delete the 0,00 and the currency.
To avoid the error, don't delete the 0,00 nor the currency from the amount field (for example 'Expected Value') during the creation.
To get rid of the error, add a product to the opportunity, it will re-evaluate the currency if the product is correctly maintained for a price.
Opportunity ; Currency; , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To