You are facing the error message 'You are not authorized to execute report XYZ' when you are trying to run a broadcast, even if it has been scheduled to run automatically or manually. And the e-mails are not being sent.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work center and Broadcasts view
- Show All and Find Daily XT Issues Report broadcast
- click on Start Now button
- See the error message: You are not authorized to execute report XYZ.
This error is being raised because there is no Work Center assigned to the report XYZ, it means that no end user has access to it.
Please note that when you send a report via broadcast, the system performs an authorization check, so it checks if the report and the user are assigned to the same work center.
- Go to Business Analytics work center and Design Reports view
- Show All and Find the report XYZ
- Click on Assign button
- Check the checkbox for the work centers that you want to have assigned to this report.
Broadcast, You are not authorized to execute report, manually, automatic , KBA , broadcast not assigned , report unassigned , broadcast not sent , broadcast unassigned , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To