When synchronizing a contact with a custom academic title or title other than the six standard titles from MS Outlook it will not appear in the system or in Outlook.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Outlook.
- Navigate to Contacts.
- Open existing contact or create a new contact.
- In the contact detail view, click on Full Name button.
- In the Title field, open the drop down menu and you will see six standard title.
- You can remove the title with Backspace and replace it with any title like, Ph.D. or Dr. Prof. for example.
- Synchronize this existing or newly created contact with the Outlook Add-in to your system.
Result: Under the contact, the title or academic title you have maintain in Outlook before is not appearing
- Open you system and navigate to your Contacts.
- Edit any contact you wish.
- In the Title, or Academic Title field you can select the standard or your customize title you have maintained in the Business Configuation work center.
- Save the change and synchronize the contact to MS Outlook via the Add-in.
- Navigate to contacts in Outlook.
- Open the contact and you will not see the customized title or academic title.
The six standard titles or academic titles in Outlook are hard-coded by Microsoft . It is therefore currently not possible to enable customized titles to be synchronized to either your system or Outlook.
You have to manually amend the contact with the customize academic titles or title in Outlook or in the system, after the synchronisation.
Please note: In order to choose a custom title in the contact, in your system, you have to first maintain this title or academic title in the Business Configuration work center:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Search for the term academic.
- Open the result General Business Partners.
- Navigate to either Maintain Academic Titles or Maintain Titles and open one option.
- Here you can maintain your desired titles which will appear in the drop down menu in the title field or academic title field, for you contacts.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , Product Enhancement