When creating a new visit, appointment or task the division field is not being auto-populated with the relevant data.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Activities work center.
- Go to the Appointment view.
- Click on the New button.
- In the Owner field enter XXX (XXX represents the Owner ID).
- Result: The Sales Organisation and Distribution Channel fields are being auto-populated with details of the owner. The Division field is empty.
The relevant Business Configuration question has not been Scoped.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click on the Edit Project Scope button.
- Go to step 4 - Questions.
- Select the following: Sales - Account and Activity Management - Activity Management.
- For Sales Area Determination select the second question: Do you want to default the sales organization, distribution channel and division based on the account & employee sales data?
The first question only offers the combination of three fields to be exposed and does not factor into the defaulting. By selecting the second question you enable sales area defaulting based on employee (logged in user and not owner of the activity) and account (selected). This will consider the sales area data that matches both the employee and account. Account is the driver for this, without account, employee data has currently no bearing on the sales area defaulting.
KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , How To