- As a RBP admin, I want the ability to create permission groups for different external users, so that I can assign them permissions for different areas in SuccessFactors.
- In Learning, external learners refers to users who are not employees but need access to the Learning module.
- Onboarding users are external users who are not yet employees but still require access to SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- SAP Successfactors HXM Suite
- Sap Successfactors Foundation > RBP (role based permissions)
- Sap Successfactors Learning Management System
- External Learners / Sites
- SAP Successfactors Onboarding
In order to control permission for externals, RBP needs to be enhanced to support this user type as access group and target group as well.
In 1708 the RBP Groups were enhanced to support Externals:
Provided that you are using the Integrated External User for Learning and the External OnBoarding User features:
Manage Permission Group > Create new Group:
New User Types: "External Learner" and "External OnBoarding User"
The "Everyone" group on the role setting page will be explicitly changed to “Everyone (user type)”.
When defining a RBP role, support for target population definition for Externals using filters Department, Division and Location.
You will be able to define Target population for Externals using Manager Relationship
- Support Source Channel in RBP Group definition for Externals
- When defining RBP Dynamic Groups, there is a new criteria called External Source Channel.
- Allows Externals to be defined based on the source of origin
- the records will NOT be visible in Foundation except in two functions:
- Add External Learner/OnBoarding User to a permission group
- Reset Password for External Learner/OnBoarding User
- please make sure you have User Search permission for the target population of External Users.
- Externals are NOT visible in the UDF file since they are not part of the core employee group
Foundation, LMS, integrated, RBP, External Users, Learning, login, permission, functional, OnBoarding User, group, role, reset password, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , LOD-SF-LMS-EXT , Sites and External Users , How To