When you try to open the attachment of “XYZ.rfc822" type in email, error message occurs as “It’s possible the file is already open, or you don’t have permission to open it”.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Search for a ticket and open it.
- Navigate to INTERACTIONS tab.
- Scroll down to attachment “XYZ.rfc822" which is an attached E-mail, and try to open it.
- Error message showed as below: It’s possible the file is already open, or you don’t have permission to open it.
The File Extension section of “message/rfc822” was not properly set up in “Allowed MIME Types for Document Upload” activity.
Please do the following manual steps:
- In Business Configuration work center -> go to Overview tab->select show all Configuration Elements
- Search for “Allowed MIME Types for Document Upload” activity and open the link.
- In the resulting screen, search for Mime Type: message/rfc822
- Select the record and in the File Extension section, uncheck the default flag against msg.
- Add a new row with following entry: File Extensiton Codes as Z1；File Extension as eml, check Default.
- Then the attachments can be opened after you do the change in the activity.
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To