- Error: 'Crystal Reports is not configured for a Trusted Connection.'
- Fail to connect to SQL Server using a JDBC Trusted connection from Crystal Reports.
How to create a Trusted Connection to SQL Server using a JDBC connection in Crystal Reports?
SAP Crystal Reports 2013
SAP Crystal Reports 2016
SAP Crystal Reports 2020
MS SQL Server 2012
- MS SQL Server 2016
- MS SQL Server 2017
Reproducing the Issue
In Crystal Reports, create a new JDBC connection to MS SQL Server.
Enter the Database URL, ClassPath and check the option: "Trusted Connection"
- When clicking "Finish", it displays the error:
"Crystal Reports is not configured for a Trusted Connection"
- MS SQL Server JDBC Trusted connection requires the authentication MS SQL Server Authentication file.
- Add the MS SQL Server JDBC Authentication file to the computer where Crystal Reports is installed, and add the path to the file in CRConfig.xml
- Download the MS SQL Server JDBC driver from Microsoft.
- Extract the MS SQL Server JDBC driver package to your local computer.
- MS SQL Server JDBC driver package will extract a couple of files. It will also contain a folder called: "auth"
Copy the MS SQL Server Authenticaltion file located in the folder corresponding to the version of Crystal Reports:
- For Crystal Reports 2013, 2016:
- Select the JDBC Authentication file located in the x86 folder.
- For Crystal Reports 2020:
- Select the JDBC Authentication file located in the x64 folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\jre\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\jre\bin\<SQL Server Authentication File Name>.dll
Note: Change the name at the end of the path with the name of the SQL Server Authenticatin file name.
** The folder path specified is based on the default installation folder for Crystal Reports. It is possible the beginning of the path will be different in your environment if you installed Crystal Reports in a diferent directory.
Integrated Security, Windows Authentication, JDBC , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020