Connectivity issues between Lumira Discovery (and, to an extent, Lumira Designer) and the BI Platform can manifest in a number of symptoms - some of those cases produce error messages parsed to the front end, while others need to be investigated further via Lumira Discovery traces and HTTP traces. Following is a list of documented symptoms:
- When logging in to BI Platform via Lumira Discovery using Restful URL (http://hostname:6405/biprws), unexpected authentication type attempt error message:
|Invalid authentication type. Check your input parameters (HDB 05404)|
- Missing plugins error message:
|Not Found (RWS 00005)|
- WACS connectivity issue error message:
- When a non-administrative user saves a document to the BI Platform, Discovery shows the error:
- Generic BOE Restful browsing request failure:
|Call to service 'BOEResourceBrowsing' failed|
- After providing credentials, the screen briefly flashes with folder listing and goes back to the logon screen without an error message.
- In other cases it has been observed, that Lumira Discovery is hanging on logon, until the token/session expires.
SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform 2.0 SP02+
- SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0 SP02
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1/4.2
cannot, can't, unable, login, log in, BIP, BI Platform, OBOJ, folders, stuck, loading, connectivity, connection, BOBJ, lumira, login, cant, unable , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.